Dish Room Attendant Job Description
As a Dish Room Attendant (Dish Washer), you have one of the most important positions in the company. It is your job to work with and support your fellow staff members to help guests have a positive experience. Every dish should be exceptionally clean and placed in the proper storage location so that the cooking staff can provide timely service.
You are responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation for all small wares, glassware and plate ware. This guarantees the health and safety of guests and fellow employees. Remember that for many guests, dining out is a treat. Providing clean and sanitary dining instruments for Guests reinforces their decision to dine with you. You represent the company as a friendly, knowledgeable and caring industry professional inside and outside the restaurant.
Duties & Requirements:
- Arrive on time in proper uniform with a smile and ready to work.
- Follow procedures with a smile and good attitude.
- Always use proper gloves, brushes and towels as directed to maintain the highest level of cleanliness.
- Build a strong relationship with your fellow employees and work with them as a team.
- Approach fellow employees and every situation with a positive can-do attitude.
- Follow any procedures/policies your employer requires promptly, correctly and happily.
- Operate industrial dishwasher and wash glassware and other Implements by hand when necessary.
- Empty and clean all trash receptacles as needed.
- Clean iced tea, coffee and juice machines as directed.
- Rotate dishes to reduce wear and tear on resources.
- Maintain cleanliness of dish storage areas.
- Follow sanitation policies at all times.
- Aid prep cook and other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak time periods.
- Clean up spills and broken glassware immediately.
- Report any sanitation or janitorial issues to supervisor immediately.
- Ability to carry loads up to 20 lbs.
- Willigness to work in hot, humid environment and able to stand on your feet for 8-hours shifts.