Sales Associate/Stocking Clerk Job Description
As a Sales Associate, you are the face of the company and a very important part of the customer’s shopping experience. It is your job to work with and support your fellow co-workers to help customers feel welcome and ensure they have a positive shopping experience.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with store merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increase store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Stock and re-stock merchandise in correct areas as directed.
- Add pricing labels to merchandise as directed.
Duties & Requirements:
- Sales Associate Skills Training.
- Retail sales experience a plus.
- A professional appearance.
- Ability to follow directions and complete job assignments as directed.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to ring up merchandise on the cash register as needed.
- Ability to give customers correct change for purchases.
- Ability to process credit cards on point of sale cash register.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand, lift and walk for extended periods of time.